The KMSL Player Pledge has been adopted with the goal of creating an inviting, family-friendly soccer community that will continue to grow and thrive for years to come. With this pledge, we hope to harbor respect and appreciation for everyone that is involved in our league – players, administrators, volunteers, officials and spectators of all ages.
As a player in the Knoxville Metro Soccer League, I understand:
- The importance of sportsmanship and fair play.
- The importance of following the league rules and guidelines.
- The importance of respect for my fellow players, spectators, league representatives and volunteers.
- The importance of respecting the decisions of game officials.
- The importance of leaving the field in a condition the same as I found it, or better.
As a player in the Knoxville Metro Soccer League, I pledge:
- To maintain a high level of sportsmanship and fair play through my actions as well as my words.
- To control emotional outbursts, physical or verbal, that are detrimental to myself or those around me.
- To refrain from profanity.
- To treat each player, official, spectator and by-stander with respect and dignity.
- To not criticize a game official’s ruling during or immediately after a game.
- To treat all equipment, fields and facilities with respect and to adhere to all rules of these areas.