FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
KMSL offers three Seasons per year (each team playing 8 games over about 10 weeks), usually occurring:
- Fall - The second weekend in September through the first weekend of December
- Spring - The second weekend in March through the first weekend of June
- Summer - The second weekend in June through the end of August
Fall/Spring games are typically played at 2pm or 4pm on Sunday afternoons or 7pm on Wednesday evenings. The Summer schedule is usually more variable due to team/field availability.
Team Representatives are able to submit scheduling requests (which we do our best to consider) prior to the creation of the schedule.
The following are typically available relative to the first game of the season:
- The upcoming season schedule; two weeks prior.
- Player Registration; four weeks prior.
- Team Registration; six weeks prior.
To be eligible to Guest Play within KMSL:
- You must have completed Player Registration for the current season
- You must be able to provide an official KMSL Photo Team Roster from your Primary Team for the current season to the referee prior to entering the game.
- Digital pictures of your team's official picture roster are acceptable provided they show the board's signature.
- Team Representatives are responsible for providing copies of the current season Official Photo Team Roster to players intending to guest play.
- Website printouts (from your Team's page, Affinity or other) are not acceptable.
- Division Specific Rules Modifications relating to the eligibility of guest player still apply.
Most sanctioned Adult Soccer Tournaments require a valid Player Card to confirm a player has registered with the state and is covered by the Participant Accident Insurance (PAI). This registration is included with your KMSL registration fees.
To obtain an official copy of your player card, please email email@example.com and allow for 2-4 weeks to print/distribute the requested documents.
PLEASE NOTE: Player cards expire every August 31st. If you plan on playing in a tournament in early September, make sure to register for the Fall Season as soon as Player Registration opens (typically four weeks prior to the first games) in order to get your player card on time!
TeamSnap is the league management software that KMSL adopted in the winter hiatus between Fall 2019 and Spring 2020.
TeamSnap is not required...yet.
Currently we hare handling Team and Player registration through our website and Affinity, respectively. The schedule and other useful will be available on the website.
Some TeamSnap features you and your team may find useful include:
- Team Communication
- Team Schedules
- Field Locations
- Player Lists (NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTABLE AS AN OFFICIAL ROSTER)
Going forward, we are hoping to migrate to TeamSnap for all registration, rostering and potentially fee payments.
This is a notoriously difficult topic the KMSL Board has been required to navigate nearly every season. With so many players, there is inevitably injury or work/personal/family scheduling conflicts for someone on a team. While we are sympathetic to these topics, we have to draw a line in an effort to ensure fairness while minimizing conflict and preferential treatment.
Please review our Refund Policy prior to player registration.
KMSL Administration will communicate field closures through TeamSnap. Team Representatives are responsible to check the game status and communicate to their team. Updates to KMSL sponsored social media are a courtesy, but not guaranteed.
Weather related field closures will generally be updated by:
- 10:30am on Sundays
- 4:00pm on weekdays
Requests for weather related field closure updates prior to the above times may not receive a response.
Please be aware that ultimately our referees are responsible for our safety and may make a game-time decision to cancel a game based on current weather conditions.
Did you know that part of your registration dues go towards registration with TSSA and USASA and enable us to participate in their Player Accident Insurance (PAI) program?
Please review the KMSL Player Injury procedure for more information.
Team Representatives are responsible to ensure that injuries sustained during games are included in the referee's report prior to departing the field.
DO NOT DELAY IN SUBMITTING THIS FORM. IF NOT RECEIVED WITHIN 90 DAYS OF THE ACCIDENT, BENEFITS MAY BE DENIED.